Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A kayaking we will go...




Among all of the ugly, unfair things in life, God gave us the beauty of nature to help us deal, cope, & heal. When I was a young girl my friends would call me nature girl or tree hugger. I love the great outdoors. It is pathetic but, I would rather be Jane of the Jungle than Bekka on 7th east. During vacation, I begged Nathan to take me kayaking. We have one & sadly, it only gets to go swimming about once a year. We lent it to one of my best friends, Heather, a few days before. It was a good thing because she gave it a bath & got it some new "arms" (previously we were using blow up raft oars). We drove up American Fork Canyon, decided to pass up Tibble Fork, & went to Silver Lake instead. The drive was crap (try driving up hill with your kayak tied redneck style) but it was totally worth it. We were the only ones on the lake. We raced around, trying to see how fast we could cross the whole thing & then we would just float there. I kept trying to steer the kayak into the on coming current of the river, which didn't work very well, but it was still really fun. It ended to soon but hopefully we can go again soon!

No comments: