Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Welcome Baby Tesla!






A little over a week ago, my baby sister, LaDawn, finally got to have Tesla. We took her into Alta View Hospital and they started her into induced labor (at about 9:00am) because she was over a week late (don't think Tesla wanted to come out). At first it didn't seem like LaDawn was doing to bad but then the contractions started to get worse & she opted for the 'spinal tap' aka epidural. Things were a bit tense because we are a mixed family (LaDawn & my other sister, Destiny, are adopted) and LaDawn's biological family was there also. It made me sad because everything was supposed to be about LaDawn and Tesla but instead people were unhappy about being around each other. I wish I could have done something about it. Well, everyone had to go out and wait (longest few hours of my life) while LaDawn went into heavy labor. After about 11 hrs of labor, the doctor tried to take Tesla out with a plunger type thing (don't laugh, I know nothing about babies) but it didn't work. LaDawn's hips were to narrow and he couldn't get her out. He decided to take her into emergency surgery & do a C section. I was so worried about her. We waited until what seemed like forever & then a nurse finally brought Tesla out. She was so CUTE! Born at 9:20 pm on 8/7/08, weighing in at 9 lbs. 5 oz., 20 inches long ,Lots of brown hair, the cutest chubby cheeks (I could even want to pinch them), and LaDawn's lips. What a doll! We had to wait for them to come back into her room because LaDawn had to be in recovery for an hour. I was so happy to see her when she came in. She really looked out of it but content. I got to hold Tesla and see her have her first bath (let me tell you, she didn't like it). LaDawn got sick the next night with a fever of 104 and had to stay in the hospital until Tuesday morning. She is still having problems with infection and getting sick. Hats off to you LaDawnyo'/Superwoman, I love you sis!

No comments: